Terms and Conditions
The competition terms and conditions:
- These terms and conditions relate to the School of Design Innovation Victoria University of Wellington (SoDI), “Future Designers” Highschool level Competition (from year 9 to and including year 13). By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The competition is run by the Outreach Committee team at the School of Design Innovation.
- The competitions run from 22nd of May and will end on the 1st of December 2020.
- Challenges will be released at the beginning of each month (exact dates will vary) and end on the first day of the following month.
- The due date is the 1st of each month at 11:59pm.
- The competition is open to all high school students.
- To enter the competition, entrants must complete the Challenge in time, upload the work to Instagram ,Twitter or YouTube using the proper hashtag— #FutureDesignersNZ. If submitting the work in video format, it must be under 30 sec of duration.
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges comprising of one VUW staff member, one VUW student and one Special guest and will notified as soon as practicable.
- Entries may be submitted by individual highschool students, or groups of highschool students, but no other entities.
- The SoDI accepts no responsibility for any entries that are not received, incomplete, illegible, corrupted or which fail to be submitted by the closing date and time. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt.
- Entries must comply with these terms and conditions and be received by the closing date and time. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- The SoDI reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, to disqualify any entrant or to cancel or amend the prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time for any reason, without prior notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these terms and conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the survey (including the selection of the winner), the decision of the SoDI is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Failure to claim the prize within 14 days may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative winner.
- The SoDI will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in accepting or redeeming a prize) or any injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant as a result of or in connection with the competition, including any inability to enter, complete or continue the competition due to equipment or technical malfunction.
- The Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative or any form of credit. The SoDI reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- The entrant understands that the information they provide is being collected for the purposes described in, and will be used in accordance with, the University’s Privacy Notice (available at https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/site-info/privacy)
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.